What Is Mazda’s Full Circle Inspection?
Keeping your vehicle in outstanding condition inside and out can be a challenge for those who don’t know a spark plug from a shock absorber. Luckily, Mazda owners benefit from a comprehensive health and safety check every time they bring their car into any Mazda dealership’s service center, like Hiley Mazda of Fort Worth, called Mazda’s Full Circle Inspection. Find out how Mazda’s Full Circle Inspection can help you maintain your vehicle’s health and safety long term.
What Is a Full Circle Inspection?
Mazda’s Full Circle Inspection is an extensive vehicle checkup that assesses all the interior and exterior parts and components of your Mazda for maximum efficiency and safety. Mazda dealerships with a designated Mazda Full Circle Service Center have certified and experienced technicians on hand who use exclusive Mazda parts and equipment specific to your vehicle to ensure its working correctly for continued outstanding performance.
What’s Included in a Full Circle Inspection?
A Mazda Full Circle Inspection comes with a straightforward Full Circle Inspection Report Card for you to review after the checkup, making it easy to see what parts, components, and functionality the technician checked and which services or maintenance they recommend.
Every inspection point is listed on the report card and designated with a green, yellow, or red mark. Green means that component is operating well and does not require service. Yellow indicates that service or maintenance isn’t necessary at this visit but should be scheduled soon. Red marks should be addressed immediately for the optimal performance of your vehicle. For those elements marked with red, the technician can make the necessary repairs or part replacements right away.
During a Full Circle Inspection, our expert Mazda technicians assess the vehicle’s interior and exterior, check under the hood and under the vehicle to ensure the car is safe, and make sure that any maintenance issues are noted and addressed.
Interior and Exterior
The technician checks the following interior and exterior elements of your Mazda during the Full Circle Inspection:
- Windshield: Looks for any cracks, pitting, or chips that may require repair.
- Windshield wipers: Checks the blades and inserts for wear and ensures the wipers and fluid dispenser work properly.
- Horn: Ensures that the horn functions properly.
- Lights: Checks interior and exterior lights for operation and any burned-out bulbs in need of replacement.
- HVAC: Assesses the heating and air conditioning system to make sure it’s working correctly and doesn’t require any maintenance.
- Parking brake: Tests the parking brake to make sure it’s functioning correctly.
- State inspection: Makes a note of your next state inspection due date, if applicable.
Under the Hood
After completing the interior and exterior inspection, the technician checks the following components under the hood of your Mazda vehicle:
- Windshield wiper fluid: Checks and fills the fluid as needed.
- Brake fluid: Looks at the level and condition of the brake fluid, replacing it if necessary.
- Automatic transmission fluid: Checks and fills as needed.
- Power steering fluid: Reviews the level and condition of the power steering fluid, replacing it if it’s in poor condition.
- Coolant recovery reservoir: Confirms the level and condition of the fluid within the coolant recovery reservoir and replaces it if required.
- Engine oil: Analyzes the level and condition of the engine oil and replaces it if it’s in poor condition.
- Cooling system: Assesses the cooling system for any visible leaks or damage.
- Drive belts: Ensures the drive belts are functioning appropriately.
- Leaks: Looks for general oil and fluid leaks in the engine area to ensure there are no other undetected issues.
- Air filter: Tests the air filter for functionality and recommends replacement if it’s clogged or dirty.
Under the Vehicle
Finally, the technician puts your Mazda vehicle up on the rack and assesses the components under the car, truck, or SUV for any service or damage, including:
- Constant velocity (CV) axle boots: Ensures the CV boot is appropriately protecting the CV joint.
- Clutch operation: Tests the clutch (if the car has a manual transmission) to make sure it’s working properly.
- Steering: Checks to make sure the steering responds appropriately.
- Steering linkages: Makes sure all steering linkages are intact and functioning correctly.
- Wheel play: Assesses the wheels for too much or too little play or movement.
- Wheel bearings: Makes sure the wheel bearings are working correctly and minimizing friction.
- Shocks: Looks at the shocks for wear and tear and appropriate support.
- Struts: Assesses the struts to make sure they are minimizing bounce and vibration in the vehicle.
- Suspension: Checks all other areas of the suspension aside from the shocks and struts to ensure there are no leaks or other damage.
- Exhaust System: Makes sure there are no loose parts, leaks, or visible damage to the exhaust system.
- Brake lines: Reviews the brake lines for any damage or wear.
- Brake hoses: Ensures the brake hoses are operating correctly and bringing the vehicle to a quick stop.
Why Is a Full Circle Inspection Important?
Consistent preventive maintenance on your vehicle can make the difference between small, inexpensive repairs and costly full-system replacements. After every Full Circle Inspection, you’ll receive the Full Circle Inspection Report Card, detailing which services your car needs immediately or in the near future, helping you maintain your vehicle and keeping it running safely for years to come.
When Do I Receive a Full Circle Inspection?
Every time you bring your vehicle into Hiley Mazda of Fort Worth’s service center, your car will receive a Full Circle Inspection from one of our qualified technicians. Whether you’re coming in for something routine like an oil change or a repair like a steering alignment, we’ll perform a Full Circle Inspection so that you know exactly what’s happening in your vehicle.
Mazda is proud to provide top-quality service to our customers. Here at Hiley Mazda of Fort Worth, we look forward to serving you for all your vehicle needs. Contact us today to set up your next oil change or other service at our top-of-the-line service center.